Dickens Village-St. James Hall

ENESCO-D56

6009737

Dickens Village-St. James Hall: Open the door to Victorian England which at the time of Charles Dickens was the center of culture for the world and where many traditions we celebrate today took shape. The architecture, customs and history of Victorian England are inherent in the Dickens' Village Series®.

St. James Hall was a large concert hall, opened in 1858, and could seat 2,000 people. In 1868, Charles Dickens presented a final series of "Farewell Readings," at the hall. The program was devoted to "Doctor Marigold" (from the Christmas Story)